31 October 2007

Trick or Treat, Part I

Well, as many folks know, today was my ultrasound. If you don't want to know about the baby's sex stop reading now. You have been warned!

Okay, without further delay on to the important bits: the baby is healthy, there's only one, and so far as we could tell (the baby was not being cooperative in terms of positioning) she's girl. I've uploaded the pix to my Picasa Web Albums:

... we also have a VHS recording of part of the ultrasound, but I haven't had time yet to transfer that to a format I can upload. I'll let you know if/when I do.

She was very active, stretching and moving her arms and legs about quite a bit. At one point the baby looked like she was waving at us, and Nora waved back. Nora later told Chris and me, "Baby likes me!"

Otherwise, the visit was very normal and uneventful (just the way I like them). I am gaining weight and now weigh as much as or a bit more than I did on my first visit to the office. Our midwife thought I was measuring exactly where I should be, and there were no changes to my due date based on the ultrasound (end of March, in case I haven't mentioned it).

I'll try to send out pictures of Mairi and Nora in costume tomorrow. Happy Halloween!

No comments: