06 November 2007

Halfway there (more or less)

In so far as I trust due dates, etc., I'm halfway through this pregnancy. I'm feeling fairly good, other than easily tired. I feel the movement of the baby quite often now, and Chris thinks he's felt a kick or two when giving me a hug.

I'm reading Pushed by Jennifer Block and excellent book, one I highly recommend to anyone who is pregnant, may ever be pregnant, or has people they care about who are or may become pregnant. (Yes, I know that covers just about everyone. Oh, and people who want to understand one contributing factor to the high cost of health care in the U.S.)

I've read more than a few books about childbirth and maternity care, and I find this book to be the most holistic and even-handed of the lot. She has opinions I'm sure, but she doesn't let them get in the way of reporting her findings. Nor does she play the blame game — she just lays out the information she found in her research and lets it stand on its own.

No comments: