- No news yet on the results of the 2nd OGTT. It's annoying, but whatever.
- Had another conversation with the coworker who annoyed me greatly a while back by insisting that I "needed" to have a boy this time. When she steered the conversation to the baby's sex, I (a) sort of lied—I said we'd find out when he or she arrives, and (b) told her—politely, I think—that I'd rather not talk about it. When she pushed on with the topic, I said something to the effect of, "I just don't like being told what I'm supposed to want." I feel vaguely guilty but at least not extremely annoyed.
- I can still wear some of my non-maternity clothes. I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, and am trying not to think about what it might say about my regular fashion sense.
- I'm not sleeping particularly well at night, even when the girls do. This is especially annoying when they sleep well.
- I'm enjoying the relatively cooler temps of late. Yesterday was mid-70s and just about perfect as far as weather goes, IMHO.
- I have yet to knit a stitch for this baby, in part because I'm seriously far behind on my knitting for other babies born in the last year or so.
- I felt my first recognizable Braxton Hicks contraction while walking out to the car on Tuesday. Right on time (i.e., it's completely normal to feel them now).
- For those of you who are, like me, amused by the food comparisons: at 31 weeks baby weighs as much as four navel oranges (i.e., about 3 pounds) and is usually over 16 inches, head to heel.
- Little One is fairly active. In the day, I find this amusing and reassuring. I'm rather fascinated by watching my abdomen twitch and move. At night? Not so much...
11 August 2011
Random thoughts this week, in no particular order (hence random)...