07 February 2008

Happy Chinese New Year

Today begins the Year of the Rat — the year I was born in. Also the year my third child will be born in. (I discovered in researching characteristics that I am a "Water Rat" whereas this child will be an "Earth Rat".)

If the child arrives as predicted, she (or he) will also be born between March 21 to April 19, making her (or him) an Aries child. Again, just like mom.

Those of us born in the Year of the Rat are said to be:
"Meticulous, intelligent, shrewd, compassionate, charismatic, charming, ambitious, practical, industrious, honest, eloquent, versatile, familial, creative, hard-working, neat, organized, lovers of music, loving" but can also be "[c]ontrolling, obstinate, resentful, lacks-a-sense-of-humor, manipulative, cruel, vengeful, power-driven, critical, possessive, stingy, bossy, fickle, defensive"
Aries are typically described as:
"... brave, bold, fearless, exciting, energetic, active, warlike, dynamic, fast, quick, competitive, impulsive, adventurous, but also aggressive, violent, unpredictable, rude, short-tempered, angry, daring, primitive, reckless, rash and self-centered."
If I put much stock in astrology, I might be a bit worried about now. As it is, I simply find it intriguing.

No comments: