- I am completely off the Ondansetron (aka Zofran) I was taking for my NVP. It has been a week tonight since I took my last dose, and I have not felt particularly nauseous during that time.
- I think I'm sleeping better now that I'm off the meds, but it's hard to tell with the girls waking us up on a regular basis. Chris and I actually slept through the night, uninterrupted, the whole night, recently. It was amazing...
- Chris has now been able to feel the baby move. This made us both ridiculously happy.
- We're still working on a list of acceptable boy names. (This does not mean we are asking for suggestions. ~grin~) As with the girls, a final decision will not be made until birth in any case.
- The baby is about the size of a large mango or an ear of corn. This is a new-to-me way of describing the Little One's growth that I find simultaneously logical and surreal.
- Yes, even though I have been told this Little One is a boy, I still tend to refer to him in sex-neutral terms. This is not denial about him being a boy, this is just how I tend to think and talk about an expected child prior to his or her birth. I was the same way with the previously three pregnancies. I think it's just that I know that ultrasound predictions are not 100% correct, and so I tend to hedge my bets a little. Perhaps it's the mathematician in me.
- I have been asked if this pregnancy feels different, "knowing" that I'm carrying a boy. I'd have to say, no, it doesn't particularly.
- I think crème brûlée is a totally acceptable substitute for chocolate, no matter what anyone else thinks.
- It's nice to mostly be able to be happy about being pregnant, finally. (I'm ignoring the back pain and tiredness for the moment...)
- I got new maternity clothes on Friday, and for the first time in my experience I could actually find stuff I liked when I was actually pregnant. (Oh, and Erin, if you're reading this, a fair number of these will likely come to you around Halloween. ~grin~)
- The latest midwife appointment was very low key: my stats are all good, the ultrasound didn't show anything to worry about, found the heartbeat, etc, etc. I have one more four-week appointment and then I start my every-two-weeks appointments. This means I am startlingly close to the third trimester!
15 June 2011
Random thoughts about pregnancy #4 at 23 weeks: